Get Straighter Teeth Over the Summer With Invisalign® Treatment for Teens
Invisalign treatment for teens is designed to address the unique needs of adolescents to achieve straighter teeth and correct malocclusion concerns. Older adults have widely used Invisalign clear aligners to make slight improvements or correct smile imperfections without looking like their teenage kids. However, now more than ever, Invisalign treatments are becoming a popular choice with a different demographic – young adults and teenagers are joining the orthodontic movement to straighten their teeth without the look of traditional braces impeding their appearance.
At Byers Station Dental, we are pleased to meet the needs of our patients in the Chester Spring, PA community by providing certified Invisalign dentists who can offer Invisalign for Teens. Like Invisalign clear aligners for adults, they can effectively and safely reposition and align teeth for teenagers who might be hesitant about getting metal braces. To learn more about Invisalign Teen for your kids, schedule a consultation at Byers Station Dental.
Are you looking for an Invisalign dentist for your teenager?
Metal or traditional braces can be an undesirable choice for most teens. Young adults and teenagers can get a customized orthodontic treatment with Invisalign clear aligners for a more comfortable, easier, and discreet way to have straighter teeth. In the last decade, Invisalign treatments have become popular among adults and teens alike. At Byers Dental Group, we offer this innovative orthodontic option, and more specifically Invisalign Teen, to correct a wide variety of dental problems for teenagers, such as:
- Overcrowding or gapped teeth
- Misaligned occlusions, like an overbite, underbite, crossbite, or open bite
- Crooked teeth
Clear braces for teens and how Invisalign treatments work
Invisalign treatments can fix a wide variety of orthodontic issues, often in half the time of traditional braces. Computer-generated and custom-designed for each patient, Invisalign treatments gradually move teeth into proper position with a series of clear aligners trays that are switched out every other week, or as directed by our Invisalign dentists. At Byers Dental Group in Chester Springs, PA, we use advanced technology to digitally map out the treatment process and send out the information to a special Invisalign dental lab, where the series of trays are customized to meet your child's needs. However, many people do not realize that Invisalign Teen is different than the adult version and includes additional features tailored to keep your adolescent's smile on track.
Invisalign procedure for teens
At Byers Dental Group, we understand that orthodontic treatments are an investment for your child's teeth. Parents are often concerned with Invisalign Teen that their teenagers won't act responsibly and wear the removable trays for the required 20 – 22 hours a day to be effective. With that in mind, Invisalign for Teens was designed to address certain issues that target this younger demographic.
- Compliance indicators are placed on the back portion of each aligner tray, which wears off with use. Our Invisalign dentists will be able to tell if your teenager is using their trays 20 – 22 hours a day. A unique feature that helps keep younger patients accountable for wearing their Invisalign clear aligners. Noncompliance with proper use will only lengthen your child's orthodontic treatment.
- As part of the Invisalign Teen program, six extra trays will be built into your teenager's treatment plan to accommodate for aligners being misplaced or lost.
- Invisalign for teens is designed to accommodate adolescent patients ready for orthodontics before all their molars have erupted. Eruption tabs built into the clear aligners will make space for any back teeth to break through properly to avoid overcrowding.
Braces or Invisalign clear aligners, and what can work for your teen
Clear braces for teens are a comfortable and easy way for your adolescent to have a more discreet and faster approach to straighten teeth. Invisalign clear trays can be removed when eating, drinking, and with daily brushing and flossing. There are no dietary limitations, and teenagers can easily remove their Invisalign trays when playing an instrument or during a sporting event. The best way to learn if this orthodontic option can fast-track your teen's smile is through a consultation with one of our dental experts at Byers Dental Group. Contact our office in Chester Springs, PA and schedule an appointment for your teen today.